- Career planning helps the indiviual have the knowledge of various career opportunities, his priorities etc.
- It helps him select the career which is suitable to his life style, preference, family environment, scope for self-development etc.
- It helps the organisation identify talented employees who can be promoted.
- Internal promotions, upgradation and transfers motivate the employees, boost their morale and also result in increased job satisfaction.
- Each employee will await his turn of promotion rather than changing to another organisation. This would lower employee turnover.
- It improves employee's performance on the job by tapping their potential abilities and stimulating their personal growth.
- Increased job satisfaction enhances employee commitment and creates a sense of belongingness and loyalty to the organisation.
- Being an intregal part of the manpower planning and corporate planning, career planning contributes towards indiviual development and organisational development and effective achievement of corporate goals.
- An organisation with well-designed career plans is able to have a better image in the employment market, and it will attract and retain competent people.
Labels: Career planning